Introduction: All use of the Objective: Resumes Website is governed by the terms and conditions stipulated herein and in the succeeding sections. Any and all use of the Webpages constituting this Website are governed by the Terms and Conditions and each user and/or client agrees to abide by such Terms and Conditions each and every time such user/client visits the Website. Objective: Resumes reserves the right to amend or change the Terms and Conditions at any time, by posting the amendments and/or changes on this Website. A user/client agrees to any and all amendments and changes posted herein each and every time a user/client accesses this site, with each access being equivalent to the user/client signing his or her concurrence to this agreement.
1. Acceptance of Purchased Services: By purchasing any of our resume related products and services (i.e., resume writing, resume posting, cover letter writing, thank you/follow-up letter writing, KSA writing, digital downloads, and/or related services), you – the client – accept these Terms and Conditions and you represent, warrant, and agree that you have read and understood all Terms and Conditions. You further represent, warrant, and agree that your usage of the Objective: Resumes Website does not violate any of our Terms and Conditions and that, should you violate any of these Terms and Conditions, you will cause Objective: Resumes damages equal to or greater than the amount of your current purchase, which will – upon such violation – be forfeited. Your further understand that, should your violations of these Terms and Conditions cause Objective: Resumes damages in excess of your forfeited current purchase amount, Objective: Resumes reserves the right – at its sole discretion – to pursue any and all available legal remedies to compensate it for such excess damages.
2. Ordering & Delivery of Resumes and Other Custom-Written Materials: By clicking submit and purchasing our service, you are entering into a legally binding agreement with Objective: Resumes and no cancellations are accepted for any reason whatsoever. In order for you to receive your resume or other written draft within our standard 2-4 day or expedited 8-working hour turnaround schedule, you must respond promptly to all requests for information. Upon receipt of your order, a writer will contact you to collect information. He/she may also request you to respond via email or fax to specific questions or to submit previous resumes or other documentation. The standard 2-4 day delivery period or expedited 8-working hour delivery period commences with Objective: Resume’s receipt of all information necessary to complete your resume. You have up to 3 business days to respond to any request for information from Objective: Resumes. After 3 business days from the initial request for information, your resume will be processed without the needed information and any revisions without charge or guarantee associated with your purchase forfeited. For purposes of timing your delivery (either 2-4 day standard delivery or 8-working hour expedited delivery), business days and working hours are as follows: Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 6:00pm (Eastern Time).
3. Resume Approval and Revisions without Charge: A draft of your resume will be emailed to you according to the schedule established at the time of your purchase. From the time of your receipt (stipulated as one hour after the time at which Objective: Resumes sends you the email), you have 3 calendar days (72 consecutive hours) to review and request revisions without charge to your resume. If no such request is made during the 3 calendar days (72 consecutive hours), your resume writing order will be closed and your order will be complete. Should you request revisions during the 3 calendar day (72 consecutive hour) review period and depending upon the nature of the requested revisions, Objective: Resumes may require up to 3 business days (27 working hours) to process your revisions. Following completion of these requested revisions, your resume writing order will be closed and your order will be complete. If you ordered resume posting as part of your initial purchase, your completed resume will now be posted. If your purchase is subject to a guarantee as stipulated by your purchase order and these Terms and Conditions, additional revisions without charge may be made in accordance with Section 8 of these Terms and Conditions.
4. Nature of Revisions During Writing Process: You have selected Objective: Resumes to prepare your resume because of our skill, experience, and long-standing record of achievement in getting results for our clients. Our writers will work with you in good faith to provide you the best possible resume for your job search. If our writer believes that your requested revisions are not in your best interests, he/she will tell you so. If you insist that such revisions be made, any guarantee associated with your resume will become null and void.
5. Charged Resume Revisions and Updates: Once Objective: Resumes has completed a resume for you, we are always available to revise or update such resume. Rates for such services are dependent upon the nature of the revision or update but, in no event, will exceed the current price listed on the Website for that particular type of resume at the time of the revision or update request. Delivery timing and options will comply with current Website offerings at the time of the revision or update request.
6. Resume Contents: The contents of your resume can only be as comprehensive as the information you provide us. Information you submit in compliance with Sections 2 and 3 of these Terms and Conditions will be utilized in constructing or revising your resume. If you submit incorrect information (as per Section 2 or 3) or omit information required for your resume (as per Section 2), Objective: Resumes is not obligated to include such information. Should you wish to include this information following order completion, you will have to pay a revision charge in accordance with Section 5 of these Terms and Conditions. Additionally, Objective: Resumes reserves the right to charge an additional fee of $5 per page to clients submitting more than 10 pages of information as source material for their resumes – excluding most recent resume and responses to writer initiated questions.
7. Copyrighted Material: By accepting these terms, you agree that the formats, wording, and writing in our resumes, cover letters, follow-up/thank you letters, KSA’s, digital downloads, and other documents are copyrighted materials. Any use other than by you in your current job search is prohibited and may result in our filing a copyright infringement lawsuit against the offending party or parties.
8. Guarantee: If your resume is subject to a guarantee as stipulated by your purchase order and these Terms and Conditions, you will have a two-week period (14 calendar days) commencing the day following six weeks (42 calendar days) from your resume completion date during which you may request additional revisions without charge provided your resume has not been successful in producing job interviews. Contact must be made in writing and contain detailed information regarding your requested revisions. Following this 14 calendar day period, no further revisions will be made without charge. The purpose of the 6-week period following completion is to allow our resume postings and your job search efforts to bear fruit. Our guarantee only applies to resumes purchased in conjunction with our complete package of services including Custom Cover Letter, Custom Follow-up/Thank You Letter, Web & Text Formatting, and Resume Posting to Major Job Boards. The reason for this is that securing job interviews and offers is dependent upon using the right materials and gaining enough job market exposure for your job campaign to be effective.
9. No Cancellations or Refunds: Objective: Resumes permits no cancellations or refunds for any reason whatsoever. By clicking submit and purchasing our services, you are entering into a binding legal agreement with us. You agree that all aspects of the creation of all products and services offered on the Objective: Resumes Website, including the processes necessary to craft the products and deliver the services, constitute a set of creative products and services and that all payments for such creative products and services are final and non-refundable.
11. Fraudulent Activity: Should you make any fraudulent credits, statements, actions, or cancellations relating to this order or the billing for your order, we will charge you a $100 processing fee and attempt to secure the maximum amount of damages allowed by law for each occurrence. Additionally, we will charge any fraudulent behavior from our clients to the fullest extent of the law. Objective: Resumes automatically records your computer ID, as well as your ISP provider, as a safety measure for our own protection against fraud. Objective: Resumes will use such information and any other necessary legal entities to prosecute fraud. Providing false information regarding your credit card will be considered and prosecuted as fraud as well as theft by deception.
12. Guaranteeing Email Delivery: Objective: Resumes cannot guarantee all emails from our company will be received into your Inbox without your cooperation. Sometimes ISP spam filters can delete mail you have actually requested to receive. It is your sole responsibility to add us to your address book, so that you will receive all of our email communication.
13. Warranties Disclaimer and Liability Limitation: This Website, together with the contents, and the products and services being sold herein, are provided by Objective: Resumes on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Objective: Resumes does not make warranties or representations of any kind, whether express or implied, as to the operation of this Website, the information, content, or materials included, and the offered products and services herein. Moreover, Objective: Resumes does not represent or warrant that the information, products, and services being offered in this Website are complete, current, and completely accurate. By using this Website, you expressly agree to assume all risks and liabilities for such use. To the fullest extent possible under the law, Objective: Resumes disclaims all warranties and representations, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness of the Website, the information provided herein, and the products and services offered herein for any specific or general purpose; and non-infringement. Objective: Resumes will not be held liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this Website and/or purchase of products and services, including, but not limited to, compensatory, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, and punitive damages, financial and data loss, loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property or third party claims.
14. Hold Harmless: Client further agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Objective: Resumes, its employees, agents, officers, and directors, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, costs, and/or expenses of whatever kind or nature, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees.
15. Links to Other Sites: The Website contains links to third-party Websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by Objective: Resumes of the contents of such third-party Websites. Objective: Resumes is not responsible for the content of linked third-party Websites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party Websites. If you decide to access linked third-party Websites, you do so at your own risk.
16. Breach of Agreement: In the case of a client breach of this agreement, the client agrees to pay Objective: Resumes the reasonable costs connected with legal proceedings that Objective: Resumes may initiate against the client. Objective: Resumes reserves the right to the initiation of such legal proceedings and to the recovery of costs related to such legal actions from clients in breach of this agreement.
17. Governing Law and Forum Choice: The laws of the state of New Jersey shall prevail in the enforcement of this agreement . You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to your use of this Website, including, but not limited to, your use of the products and services offered on this Website, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the state of New Jersey. You also consent submitting yourself to the jurisdiction of the federal and state courts in the state of New Jersey when such actions are litigated.
18. Privacy: Personally identifiable information posted to resume job boards and databases is not confidential and may be viewed by us and anyone with access to such Websites. If client orders “Resume Posting to Major Job Boards,” resume and personally identifiable information may be viewed by prospective employers and others with access to such Websites. Objective: Resumes offers no guarantees or warranties of any kind with regard to job interviews, job placements, and any and all other matters in connection with such postings. Additionally, Objective: Resumes may use the information collected in conjunction with your usage of our Website or preparation of your resume to contact you about our products, services, or the products and services of third parties that Objective: Resumes deems may be beneficial to you, or may send to you via email an informative newsletter or tips on using the services offered. If you wish to stop such contact, you should send us a specific request by certified mail addressed as follows: Objective: Resumes, 1 Route 27, Suite 17, Edison, NJ 08820.
19. Miscellaneous: This Agreement contains the entire agreement between you and Objective: Resumes and Objective: Resumes shall not be bound by any other different, additional, or further agreements or understandings except as consented to in writing. No amendment hereof shall be effective unless contained in a written instrument signed by the parties hereto. No delay or omission by either party to exercise any right or power under this Agreement shall impair such right or power or be construed to be a waiver thereof. A waiver by either party of any of the covenants to be performed by the other party or of any breach shall not be construed to be a waiver of any succeeding breach or of any other covenant. If any provision of this Agreement is declared invalid, such provision shall be deemed severable from the remaining provisions of the Agreement which shall remain in full force and effect.